Support Our Plan
The Hykeham Neighborhood Plan gives our local community the opportunity to shape the development and growth of the Hykeham area. Once approved it will give the communities of North Hykeham and South Hykeham greater power with regard to planning applications and developing a shared vision. Five reasons to support and vote in favour of the Hykeham Neighborhood Plan are:
- To help people in the Hykeham area to ensure they get the right types of development and have a much stronger role in shaping the areas in which they live and work.
- The ability to meet local needs such as homes, schools, shops and recreational facilities.
- A greater say on planning applications and development proposals through a new combined Hykeham Planning Committee formed by representatives of both North Hykeham Town Council and South Hykeham Parish Council.
- Greater consistency within the planning process with a clear and transparent approach to applications within the Hykeham area.
- Additional revenue to be spent locally from the Community Infrastructure Levy arising from the development that takes place in the Hykeham area.
Neighborhood Planning Committee Chairman – Cllr R Little
Follow us @HykehamNP